What is accreditation, and what are participant badges?
Due to security measures in place at the Forum central venue and at cultural programme event locations, all participants must be issued with an accreditation badge.
The badge is a pre-programmed proximity card, a unique key linked to the participant’s information in the Forum’s database. The badge contains the following data about the holder: name and surname (in Latin characters), organization, category, level of access, SPIEF logo, photograph, and universal attributes.
Accreditation badges are issued to specific individuals and are not transferable. You should keep your badge and ID with you at all times during the Forum. Your badge is the only document confirming your accreditation which can be used at event venues.
How do I collect my badge?
Participants can collect their badge by visiting one of the accreditation points.
In order to be issued with their badge, a participant must present the same document used to register on the SPIEF website (usually a passport).
During the accreditation process, participants are advised to present the accreditation stand operator with their electronic ticket in addition to the required documents.
What is the electronic ticket?
The electronic ticket is an A4-sized document printed from the participant’s personal web office (in colour or black and white) displaying their personal information (country, name and surname, and organization), a barcode, and other essential information.
The accreditation stand operator can use the barcode on the electronic ticket to locate the participant’s entry in the accreditation module, thereby saving time.
The electronic ticket is used (together with proof of identity):
The electronic ticket is neither required for accreditation, nor does it serve as a replacement for ID.
What do I need to check before collecting my badge?
Before collecting your badge, please ensure that:
1) you have registered as a Forum participant;
2) your participation has been approved by the Forum Organizing Committee, and that this fact is reflected in the organizers’ data system;
3) you have accurately provided all required information about yourself;
4) you have uploaded a badge photo to your personal web office or have already submitted a photo to the organizers in the required format (a colour photograph on a white background, in JPEG format, 480x640 pixels in size, 300 dpi resolution (image quality), including a frontal view of your entire face, with your head uncovered, and with your face making up at least 70% of the photograph);
5) you have paid the registration fee, and that this fact is reflected in the organizers’ data system;
6) your participation has been approved by the Forum’s Security Service, and that this fact is reflected in the organizers’ data system.
You must present your passport in order to collect your accreditation badge. An authorized representative may collect your badge only upon presenting his or her own passport and a power of attorney, as well as a copy of your passport.
Can somebody collect my badge on my behalf?
A third party collecting your badge on your behalf must present an original copy of the official power of attorney form together with their own ID (passport). They must also present a copy of your passport.
The power of attorney form and a completed example will be available for download from the Accreditation section of the SPIEF website closer to the date of the Forum.
What is my participant bag, and how do I collect it?
Your SPIEF participant bag contains a set of information materials about the Forum and souvenirs from the Forum organizers and partners.
SPIEF 2017 bags are provided to Premium and Standard participants, and to media representatives.
What should I do if I have lost my badge?
Accreditation badges are issued to specific individuals and are not transferable. If your badge has been lost, stolen or damaged, please immediately inform an administrator at any information and services point, accreditation point, or Help Desk, or call +7 (812) 680 0000. The lost badge will then be blocked, and a duplicate badge issued to the holder from the Help Desk upon written request.