Obukhov Factory Museum

08 Jun , 11:00–17:00
Museums, exhibitions

The Obukhov Steel Foundry Museum was founded at the end of the 19th century. It was located in the factory laboratory building and existed until the end of the 1920s. Nearly 50 years later, on 20 May 1976, the factory reopened the Museum of Labour, Revolutionary, and Military Glory, which was created on the initiative of the factory’s veterans and union organizations. In May 2014, as part of a large-scale project to create the North-West Regional Centre of Almaz – Antey Corp., a separate two-story building was allocated as the plant’s museum. The museum has eight rooms of permanent exhibition. The building, which now houses the museum, is a cultural heritage site. Designed by civil engineer Fedor Lumberg, it was built in 1896–1897 as the ‘House of the hospital administration with the Obukhov Steel Plant clinic’ with the funds provided by Pavel Obukhov, one of the factory’s founders.
In the building of the new museum and exhibition complex there is an interactive layout of the Obukhov plant of the late 19th and early 20th centuries, created by the joint efforts of the Museum of History of the Obukhov Plant and the founders of the legendary Grand Maket Rossiya project. The model layout represents the operation of the factory’s production facilities, the passers-by on the Shlisselburg road (now Obukhovskoy Oborony Avenue) going about their business, and the life of workers.

Forum participants may present their badge to be granted entry.

Please be advised that participants are responsible for covering the price of any tour or other additional services.