Business programme

An Economy of Unlimited Resources

03 Jun , 11:00–12:15
Delivering on National Development Targets
Congress Centre, conference hall B2
In partnership with Rostec State Corporation

Around 70 million tonnes of household waste are produced in Russia every year, and this figure is continuing to grow. Today, only 7% of household waste is sorted and recycled, with the remaining 93% going to landfills, often without any preliminary sorting. As well as damaging the environment and people’s health, the prevailing practice of disposing household waste at landfill sites also represents a waste of resources that could have otherwise been recycled. It is therefore imperative to increase processing and recycling of household waste as much as possible in the interests of sustainable development. The creation of a comprehensive waste processing system in Russia could lead to landfill sites becoming a thing of the past, as is the case in several developed countries. How can the principle of ‘zero waste to landfills’ be made into a reality and what is its role in the introduction of the zero waste concept as part of Russia’s wider transition to a circular economy? How many factories specializing in energy recovery from municipal solid waste should Russia build in order to solve the problem of landfill sites and dumping grounds in major cities?

Maria Morgun, Chief Editor, Live Planet TV; Anchor, Correspondent, Russian State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company

Denis Butsayev, General Director, Russian Environmental Operator Public Law Company
Sergei Ivanov, Special Representative of the President of the Russian Federation on Environmental Protection, Ecology and Transport
Kirill Komarov, First Deputy General Director, Director of the Development and International Business Unit, ROSATOM State Atomic Energy Corporation
Vitaly Korolev, Deputy Head, Federal Antimonopoly Service of the Russian Federation
Denis Manturov, Minister of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation
Nicolas Maure, Chief Executive Officer, Renault Group Operations in Russia and CIS
Svetlana Radionova, Head, Federal Service for Supervision of Natural Resources
Andrey Shipelov, General Director, RT-Invest
Carsten Spohn, Managing Director, ITAD (online)

Front row participants
Andrey Bokarev, President, Transmashholding; Chairman of the Board of Directors, UK Kuzbassrazrezugol
Viktor Evtukhov, State Secretary – Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation
Malena Mard, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Kingdom of Sweden to the Russian Federation
Andrey Nikipelov, General Director, Atomenergomash
Sergey Skvortsov, Member of the Board of Directors, AVTOVAZ