A valid passport and a visa are required to enter the Russian Federation.
Visitors holding an invitation to St. Petersburg International Economic Forum 2020 are eligible to apply for a short-term single entry visa for the period from 27 May to 15 June 2020 through a simplified procedure in Russian consulates abroad.
To apply for an entry visa to the Russian Federation, the invited person must contact the appropriate Russian consular office abroad (information on the locations of the Russian Federation’s consular offices can be found on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation).
Documents required for applying for a visa
When visiting the consular office to apply for an entry visa you must bring the following documents:
- a valid travel document recognized by the Russian Federation (ordinary, business, diplomatic, UN passport), which must have two blank pages and be valid for at least six months after the expiry of the requested visa;
- a printed and duly completed visa application form. The form must have been completed in advance on the website of the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation visa.kdmid.ru. When filling in the application form, members of official delegations, businesspersons and accompanying persons should indicate ‘negotiations’ as the purpose of the trip. Journalists should indicate ‘press/cor’, ‘press/tech’;
- a 35 mm × 45 mm colour or black-and-white full-face photo without tinted glasses and a head covering (a head covering is allowed only for religious reasons and if in the passport photo of the foreign citizen he/she also has a head covering). The photo must be taken no later than six months before the day of application;
- a copy of the invitation in Russian or English or its electronic version;
- a document confirming payment of the consular visa application fee (please refer to the website of the Russian consular office where the visa application will be made for information on fees);
- a medical insurance policy valid within the Russian Federation.
In most countries, documents are submitted directly at the consular section by pre-booked appointment. information on the locations of the Russian Federation’s consular offices can be found on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.
In several countries, visa applications are submitted only through visa application centres. These centres charge applicants a service fee for accepting and verifying their visa application documents. In the case of visa application centres, the service fee and visa application fee are paid at the centre.
It is recommended to contact the consular departments of the Russian embassies, consulates general or official visa centers in the country of residence or citizenship. We recommend that participants contact the consular departments of the Russian Federation in advance (at least 2 (two) weeks before departure).
It is not recommended to apply for entry visas at intermediary visa organizations or travel agencies that are not authorized to issue official visas.