What are the Key Challenges, Constraints and Growth Points of the Digital Trade in Russia?
The e-commerce sector is developing rapidly and, despite the economic slowdown and declining purchasing power, has experienced a rapid growth over the last few years with the volume of online retail market exceeding 1.5 trillion roubles in 2018. Yet a number of systemic problems hampering business development of bona fide participants of the Russian market remain.
Key questions to be addressed during the session:
• Is it possible to create a unified government-funded online environment for exporters to support Russian producers?
• What is preventing export of Russian consumer goods?
• Will Russian goods be able to compete on foreign markets?
• What effective ‘protectionist measures’ of local players are used abroad?
• What are the prospects for regulating cross-border e-commerce?
• How can Russian online stores be prevented from moving to the jurisdictions of bordering economies? How can diminishing investments in the domestic infrastructure, avoidance of customs duties and VAT be prevented?
Anton Buzdalin, General Director, eApteka
Alexey Kozhevnikov, Senior Vice President, Russian Export Center
Sergey Kuchushev, Director for Government Relations, Ozon Group
Anna Nesterova, Founder, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Global Rus Trade